meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

New Hampshire Trade Schools

Home New Hampshire Colleges

Schools in New Hampshire





New Hampshire Trade Schools & Vocational Colleges

Are you a resident of the state of New Hampshire and you are looking to further your level of education beyond a high school diploma? Have you spent a considerable amount of time poring over college catalogs in search of the perfect career plan and college? While determining the most appropriate career path is definitely of utmost importance to your future, it is also extremely important to select a college or university that will allow you to thrive and to successfully mark each of your educational goals as complete. Below, you will find some basic information regarding employment projections for the state of New Hampshire and a brief introduction to the top colleges and universities in this state. Keep in mind, if none of the colleges or universities mentioned below appeal to you or seem like the perfect academic avenue for you, there are surely many other options for you to consider in this state. In fact, no community colleges, junior colleges, or vocational institutes have been discussed as top options in this state.

Online research shows that over the next several years, 64-71% of the available jobs in the state of New Hampshire will require applicants to hold some level of a post secondary degree. This research shows no distinction between interested parties having an associate's degree or a bachelor's degree. Of course, it is important to note that the higher level of education you are able to complete will likely lead to you receiving a higher rate of pay. On the opposite end of the employment spectrum, individuals who have only earned their high school diploma will find themselves appropriately qualified for 28-31% of the available jobs in New Hampshire. Continue reading below to familiarize yourself with some of the most popular collegiate options that New Hampshire has to offer you in your educational pursuits.

Dartmouth College, located in Hanover, is considered a comprehensive private research university. At this college, interested students will have the option to complete an undergraduate level degree or a graduate level degree. As a member of the Ivy League and one of the top universities in the country, Dartmouth College reports a current enrollment of about 6,000 students. Despite the fact that this college is recognized for having strong degree programs in science and liberal arts, there are many other great options for interested students to check out. Another wonderful academic option for students to consider is the University of New Hampshire, Durham. This public university reports a current enrollment of about 15,000. Despite the fact that the majority of enrolled students are pursuing an undergraduate degree program, there are about 3,000 of the total enrolled students who are working to obtain a master's level degree. In addition to strong liberal arts and science degree programs, this university boasts an impressive eighteen to one student to faculty ratio.

If a smaller academic environment is what you are looking for, then perhaps you should check out Colby Sawyer College. Located in New London, this small college with a professional focus currently reports about 1,100 students enrolled. It is important to note that only undergraduate degree programs are available at this post secondary facility. The individuals who choose to attend this facility will have a high rate of internship participation, while also enjoying an average class size of seventeen students. Another small privately operated facility that you may be interested in is Franklin Pierce University.

Located in Ringe, with spectacular views of Mount Monadnock, this university reports a current enrollment of about 2,400. Approximately 75% of the total enrolled students are working to obtain an undergraduate degree, while the remaining 25% are completing a graduate level degree program. With an average class size of sixteen students and an exceptional curriculum that combines professional preparation with liberal arts, this university is certainly one to strongly consider. As a final benefit, this learning institution reports a high rate of their students successfully receiving financial aid.

The final popular collegiate option in New Hampshire is Saint Anselm College. This Catholic liberal arts college recently reported an undergraduate enrollment of nearly 2,000 students. It is critical to note that this college only offers undergraduate degree programs to interested students; no graduate level degrees are offered. Saint Anselm College offers students phenomenal nursing and business programs to select from; however, if neither of these areas are particularly interesting to you there are many other viable career areas to choose from at this learning institution.


Top Industries in New Hampshire

New Hampshire has a very educated workforce and population. The state has one of the highest median incomes for households at $61,042 The issue the state is facing is the tourism industry is really the only main industry in the state and it is costing the state its workforce. Typically the tourism industry doesn’t pay well so when you factor in that the state has one of the most expensive state ran university systems in the county you can see why the state is struggling.

Out of State Education

The state runs one of the most expensive state ran universities in terms of high tuition rates in the nation. Schools like SNHU are dominating mainly because traditional colleges are slow, can’t keep up with technology and lack marketing to the population. The problem started because traditional colleges didn’t keep up with demand and didn’t listen to what college students wanted. Only 20% of students were traditional meaning they went to college after high school to earn their degree. Many didn’t work and wanted the so called “traditional” college experience. The other 80% were working adults that needed a degree to get a better paying job. Traditional colleges in NH fell behind and only now have just started to introduce online programs. The question is… are they too late? Students are leaving the state in groves to other state universities with lower tuition costs. By leaving the state NH loses their workforce and with the high cost of living and low paying jobs New Hampshire will continue to struggle.

Colleges in New Hampshire

The University of New Hampshire is an Agriculture and Mechanic Arts school with total enrollments of 15,398. According to their site it has over 200+ degree programs to choose from and more than 2100 graduate students. Considered one of the most prestigious Ivy League colleges in the county, Dartmouth College only has a 10% acceptance rate.

Skilled Trade Careers

People who are looking for a new job or just graduating high school are looking into trade programs in the state. These vocational schools cost just a fraction of attending college and will teach the user a skilled trade so they can enter the workforce. Sometimes this is the only option as the student either didn’t get accepted into a local college or they simply don’t want to be burdened by a large student loan after graduation. The state employs over 139,200 people in the trade related jobs.

- Electrical Training
- Cosmetology Schools
- HVAC/R & Welding
- Plumbing and Welding Training
- Automotive/Mechanical Certifications