There are also located at Chattanooga, Columbia, Columbus, Florence, Fort Pierce, Greensboro, Greenville, Huntsville, Jackson, Jacksonville, and numerous other cities.
Virginia College’s Mission
Authorized by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), Virginia College was established in 1983. Offering various Master’s, Bachelor’s, Associate’s, and online diploma, certificate and degree programs, the college’s main mission is to meet the needs and educational demands of students and employers all over the United States.
- 6185 Rivers Ave, North Charleston, SC 29406
- 488 Palisades Blvd, Birmingham, AL 35209
- 920 Cedar Lake Rd, Biloxi, MS 39532
- 9501 Cortana Pl, Baton Rouge, LA 70815
- 14200 N. Interstate Hwy. 35, Austin, TX 78728
- 2807 Wylds Rd, Augusta, GA 30909
The college has more than 27 campus locations with some of the best and most professional teachers available. VC also believes in providing the most direct path to your career and provides financial aid for those who are less fortunate. Not to mention, the college offers day and night class schedules for anyone who dropped out of school, but is returning with family and job commitments.
Diploma and Certificate Programs:
- Welding Technician
- Therapeutic Massage - / Certificate
- Sales Professional - / Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician - / Certificate
- Patient Care Technician –
- Pastry Arts - / Certificate
- Network Technician - / Certificate
- Medical Billing and Coding - / Certificate
- HVAC-R Technician
- Customer Service Professional - / Certificate
- Culinary Arts - / Certificate
- Cosmetology - / Certificate
- CDL Straight Truck Driver Training
- CDL Combination Truck Driver Training
- Business Office Specialist - / Certificate
- Diploma and Certificate Programs
- Medical Assistant - / Certificate
- Private Sector Accounting - Online Bachelor's Degree
- Paralegal Studies - Online Bachelor's Degree
- Network Management - Bachelor's Degree
- Management Information Systems - Online Bachelor's Degree
- Human Resource Management - Online Bachelor's Degree
- Health Services Management - Online Bachelor's Degree
- Golf Course Management - Online Bachelor's Degree
- Criminal Justice - Online Bachelor's Degree
- Business Administration - Bachelor's Degree
- 3D Imaging & Animation - Bachelor's Degree
- Surgical Technology - Associate's Degree
- Respiratory Care - Associate's Degree
- Paralegal Studies - Associate's Degree
- Office Administration - Associate's Degree
- Occupational Therapy Assistant - Associate's Degree
- Network Engineering - Associate's Degree
- Medical Office Management - Associate's Degree
- Medical Office Administration - Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant - Associate's Degree
- HVAC-R Technician - Associate's Degree
- Human Resource Management - Online Associate's Degree
- Healthcare Reimbursement - Associate's Degree
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography - Associate's Degree
- Culinary and Pastry Arts - Online Associate's Degree
- Criminal Justice - Associate's Degree
- Business Administration - Associate's Degree
- Associate Degree in Nursing - Associate's Degree
- Business Administration
- Cyber Security
- Business Administration - Management
- Business Administration - Healthcare
Career Placement Assistance – Career Services
Virginia College is aware of the career difficulties student’s face after graduation. As a result, the college works hard on preparing and improving the skills you need for a career in today’s fastest and most lucrative job fields. Not only does the college help with starting your job search, but also provides numerous job opportunities, as VC actively develops job leads with employers.
There is, of course, no guarantee you will get the job, but the college ensures its presence at every step of the employment search, assisting you in generating job leads, marketing your skills to potential employers, providing help with job-market research, counseling for the correct career decision, and developing interviewing techniques.
Professional Instructors – Real-World Experience
The reason VC has grown over the years is because of its determination and fortitude to hire the best and most professional instructors and teachers. Typically, all the instructors in the variety of campuses are real-world professionals with years of experience in their career fields. Subsequently, they are the people most students look up to gain success in their careers, as the teachers don’t just simply teach a course, but also provide real-life demonstrations and examples to help elaborate each point.
No Hidden Fees – Up Front Education Costs
The most irritating and frustrating of all experiences is to find out the overall cost of your degree includes useless hidden fees and charges. However, with Virginia College you have nothing to worry about, as there are no hidden fees at all! You will know exactly how much you will be spending on your education, which means you can avoid unexpected add-on fees. Of course, there are some programs which require students to purchase specialized items or pay a one-time fee, but the admission department ensures you know about them from the start. In some cases, VC adds the textbooks from which you will be studying to the total price. This alone can save you hundreds of dollars per quarter!
Small Class Sizes = Individual Attention
Not all five fingers are equal and this goes same for the students in a particular class. Where some find it easy to grasp and absorb information, others face difficulty and need that extra motivation and individual attention to understand the subject of matter. This is one of the main reasons why VC provides students with small class sizes, which means you receive individual attention. The college believes the best learning environment includes a decent sized class and instructors with good real-world experience.
Online Degree Programs
Often, job and family responsibilities can make it difficult to resume college to complete your desired degree. In these circumstances, what can a person do? Well, apply for VC’s online degree programs that are closer to home than you might think! You will be provided a wide range of degree programs, all of which are accredited by the ACICS. This means, you can easily continue your Master’s, Bachelor’s or Associates degree program and side by side work and take care of your financial needs. All you need is an internet connection and you will be able to complete your degree, while balancing military, family, and work obligations. (Please note: you will be required to create a new, free student account online)
Financial Aid for the Less Fortunate
One of the main concerns for most students nowadays is how will they manage to pay for college. The answer is choosing the right college, degree, and financial aid program! Luckily, VC offers these programs, hence helping students manage the costs involved in obtaining a degree more efficiently. All you have to do is visit the Financial Aid Department and discuss your options with regards to paying for education.