About Spencerian College
Founded in 1892 by a nationally recognized business educator Enos Spencer, Spencerian College has earned a distinctive reputation in the field of healthcare education. It has often reshuffled and realigned its courses to meet society’s needs. The main campus is located at Dixie highway and there is a branch campus at Lexington. Both the campuses provide healthcare programs.
Spencerian College trains you in the specific knowledge related to your field and there are no basic classes, which are unrelated from the topic. The classrooms are kept small so that each student gets individual focus and attention. You can put all that knowledge into action as you will be also be given on the job training that gives you in-depth knowledge of your field.
The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools has certified Spencerian College. The United States Department of Education has listed the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools as a nationally recognized accrediting agency. The Kentucky Commission on Proprietary Education has granted a license to Spencerian College.
2355 Harrodsburg Road
Lexington, KY 40504
4627 Dixie Highway
Louisville, KY 40216
School Website: http://www.spencerian.edu/
Students can finance their education by taking loans, grants and scholarships. Deserving students also get a chance to be employed by the college on a part-time basis. The college has been approved to train veterans according to rules administered by the US Veterans administration.
• Grants- There are three types of grants available for the students to assist them financially which include Federal Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG) and College Access Program (CAP). All of these depend on financial need and merit.
• Loans- The federal government and other sources provides different types of loans for deserving students. These loans include Federal Direct Parent and Student Loans, Federal Subsidized Loans, Federal PLUS and Federal Perkins Loans Unsubsidized Stafford Loans and Career Education Funds. You can speak to a financial counselor for advice on the same.
• Scholarships- Spencerian College provides students with several scholarships like Imagine America, Scholarships for Military Children, National Military Family Association, Thanks USA, Fold of Honor, MyCAA, Council of College and Military Educators.
• You can even take the help of the Federal Student Aid, which is an office of the US department of Education. It provides counseling about several different loans and what all you need to qualify for it.
Spencerian College has a number of services for high school students and helps them select the career of their choice. Some services provided by the college are:
• High School jump start program: The College provides high school students with the chance to attend two college classes, which is also tuition free.
• Student life- Students are provided opportunities to volunteer with civic-minded organizations. Spencerian College is also associated with several like Big Brothers Big Sisters and Diabetes Foundation etc.
• Clubs- Clubs at the Lexington campus include Sigma Beta Chi, Nightingale Club, Spencerian Activities Board (SAB) and Social Activities.
• Student housing – Both the campuses have student residences with several features like a swimming pool, media room, sofa, dining hall, game center, laundramot , theater room and much more.
Military Friendly College
Spencerian College is a military-friendly school that helps active members and veterans pursue and complete their studies. Active members and veterans can contact military admission representatives to guide them through admissions and financial aid programs. There are several scholarships provided for military students like Imagine America, Scholarships for Military Students, Thanks USA etc. The College is also a participant in the Yellow Ribbon program.
• Clinical Assistant- This diploma program helps students hone their skills and prepare them to be a clinical assistant in physician offices.
• Clinical Assistant with Limited Medical Radiography- The purpose of this diploma is to help you perform clinical procedures that include CPR and first aid as well as to administer ionizing x-rays for medical diagnostic imaging.
• Clinical Laboratory Assistant- This program helps students work in a laboratory or perform donor services that are complex.
• Clinical Laboratory Science (B.S)- This degree provides students understand the nuances involved in high complexity laboratory testing, and complex quality control procedures.
• Healthcare Reimbursement Specialist- In this program you will learn how to review medical records, submit claims and help prevent any fraud in healthcare billing.
• Limited Medical Radiography- This diploma program makes students aware of the process behind radiography experiments and helps them perform such procedures.
• Massage Therapy- The Massage Therapy diploma allows students to operate their own massage therapy practice or helps them get employed as a therapist.
• Medical Administrative Assistant- The Medical Administrative Assistant program instructs students on how to perform administrative duties in a number of medical settings.
• Medical Administrative Management- In this course, students’ are taught the nuances of performing administrative, clinical and managerial duties in a healthcare facility.
• Medical Coding Specialist- Students are taught how to make sure all codes are correct so that that there are no issues with medical claims and the insurance company can review and process the claims.
• Medical Assistant- In this program, students are taught administrative tasks such as answering phones, keeping medical records, registering patients, and clinical tasks such as taking vital signs of patients and giving them injections.
• Medical Clinical Specialties- In this program, students will be taught how to get laboratory specimens, perform x-rays, take care of administrative duties, and also perform safe medical procedures. Students will also be required to complete externships as medical assistants, phlebotomists and limited medical radiographers.
• Medical Laboratory Technician- As part of this program, students learn how to conduct and perform laboratory tests, which form an integral part of a physician's analysis and treatment decisions.
• Medical Massage Therapy- This program teaches students how to treat specific disorders by using soft tissue manipulation and stretching techniques; how to maintain a high standard of ethics with clients as well as business ideas on how to establish a medical massage therapy practice.
• Nursing- This program is for those who have already graduated from a Practical Nursing program and want to pursue it further. Graduates gain experience in managing patients in a number of health care settings.
• Patient Care Assistant- In this program, students are taught how to take care of patients and ensure their comfort and this ensures that they are constantly in direct contact with patients.
• Personal Trainer- Students are taught how to become personal trainers and assist clients in achieving their health goals and improve their wellbeing.
• Phlebotomy- Students are trained in this program to collect specimens from patients for laboratory examinations.
• Practical Nursing- Students are taught how to be nurses and perform various tasks like allot medication, start IVs, take vital signs and take care of patients. This program not only deals with what to do but also why and is supported by theoretical knowledge and the holistic care model.
• Radiologic Technology- This program provides students with the opportunity to conduct ionizing radiation for diagnostic imaging purposes and also prepares them for licensing exams.
• Radiographic Science Administration (B.S.)- This program helps students understand the various aspects of healthcare administration and helps them go beyond just radiography and explore and integrate additional information and skills.
• Respiratory Therapy- Students are taught how to be respiratory therapists and how to examine and diagnose patients with lung and breathing disorders. They are also taught how to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), look after ventilators and draw arterial blood gases.
• Surgical Technology- Students are taught what it takes to be a surgical technologist and help in surgeries. They are also taught how to take care of patients during surgery and surgical procedures.
For more information about program success in graduation rates, placement rates and occupations, please visit: disclosure1.spencerian.edu