Salem University is regionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. The university is popular for a culture of innovation and excellence. The campus is situated on a large lot in the West of Virginia. It also offers housing, on-campus clubs and exciting activities for its students.
Salem offers a number of degree programs in some of the hottest fields, including computer, business, justice, and education. The university aims to prepare international leaders, decision makers, intellectuals and people highly proficient in marketable skills. It offers both online and on-campus classes. The curriculum is flexible enough for each course to fit your tight work schedule.
223 West Main Street
Salem, West Virginia 26426
Phone: (844) 462-9128
Salem University’s Career Services Department offers as holistic solution to your career problems. You would get assistance in job-hunting during studies and after graduation. The university already works with a huge network of respectable employers to make your transition from education to work easy. During your education, your resume and cover letter writing skills will be developed and polished, so you can apply for jobs without any worries. Moreover, you can use the university resources to connect with employers, land an internship or job and grow in your profession. You can also upload your resume to a network that is accessible by employers, and if you are a right fit, they will contact you right away.
Enrollment Process And Financial Aid
If you are interested in a program offered by Salem, you can request for information online. An Admissions Representative will then get in touch with you and answer all your questions. You will also get the opportunity to discuss your career goals and interests with the representative who will then help you to find a fitting program. The Admissions Representative will then guide you through the complete application process.
For many programs, the university has open enrollment process; however, this does not apply to all programs. Some programs don’t require entrance examination; yet, you may be required to provide GED or High School Diploma to get started. Once enrolled, you would be required to take ACCUPLACER®, a test that would determine your scholastic aptitude and skills.
Salem University completely understands that for many students, funding their education can be a daunting task. Therefore, the university’s Financial Aid Department has been established to make your education affordable and straightforward. You will get help in applying for financial aid, including loans, scholarships, federal aid, grants and other available funding options.
Salem University highly values and appreciates the contribution of the US military to the nation. Therefore, it provides additional benefits to military personnel and accepts military funding for veterans and current service members. You are highly encouraged to discuss with the Admissions Representative and the Financial Aid staff as to how you can avail military benefits at the university.
• Certificate in Licensed Practical Nursing
• Associate of Science in Business Administration
• Associate of Science in Biology
• Associate of Science in Computer Science
• Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice
• Associate of Science in Information Technology
• Associate of Science in Nursing (RN training program)
Bachelor of Science in Biology
• Biology with a Specialization in Physiology and Exercise Science
Bachelor of Science in Education
• Secondary Education with a Specialization in Social Studies (BSED)
• Education with a Specialization in Health Education (BSED)
• Secondary Education with a Specialization in Physical Education (BSED)
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
• Computer Science with a Specialization in Software Development (BS)
• Computer Science with a Specialization in Data Science (BS)
• Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
• Information Technology with a Specialization in Enterprise Network Management (BS)
• Information Technology with a Specialization in Cybersecurity (BS)
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
• Business Administration with a Specialization in Accounting (BS)
• Business Administration with a Specialization in Finance (BS)
• Business Administration with a Specialization in International Business (BS)
• Business Administration with a Specialization in Management (BS)
• Business Administration with a Specialization in Sports and Recreation Management (BS)
• Business Administration with a Specialization in Human Resource Management (BS)
• Business Administration with a Specialization in Health Care Management (BS)
• Business Administration with a Specialization in Applied Management (BS)
• Business Administration with a Specialization in Engineering Management
Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
• General Specialization
• Criminal Justice with a Specialization in Crime Scene Investigation
Master of Business Administration
• MBA with a Specialization in Accounting
• MBA with a Specialization in Engineering Management
• MBA with a Specialization in Finance
• MBA with a Specialization in Health Care Management
• MBA with a Specialization in International Business
• MBA with a Specialization in Management
• MBA with a Specialization in Sales Management
• MBA with a Specialization in Sports and Recreation Management
Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction
• M. Ed. In Curriculum & Instruction with a Specialization in Teaching & Learning
• M. Ed. In Curriculum & Instruction with a Specialization in Special Education
• Master of Education in Educational Leadership
• Master of Education in Educational Leadership
Certificate in Educational Leadership
The Certificate in Educational Leadership develops the leadership skills of experienced and licensed educators who already hold a master’s degree in education. The curriculum has been designed to help educators take a leadership role in educational setups. The program is nationally recognized.
Bachelor of Science - Secondary Education with a Specialization in Social Studies
This degree is concentrated in social studies and includes course works about history, society, geography, government and non-governmental organizations, and culture and diversity in addition to a wide range of other topics. The degree is approved by the West Virginia Department of Education. You can even get license as a secondary level social studies educationist after earning the SIU Bachelor of Science in Education – Social Studies Education degree.
MBA with Specialization in Accounting
This degree will prepare you to take the challenges of the corporate world head on. The program is focused on developing your accountancy skills, yet other general business management and marketing fields will also be covered. Your specialization subjects would revolve around accounting and taxation. After graduation, you would be ready to start a great career in any industry.
Student Financial Services
We believe that higher education is one of the best investments you can make in yourself and for your future. Our Financial Aid department is here to help make you aware of all of the different types of aid available to you which includes scholarships.