Pittsburg Technical Institute, situated in the Pittsburg suburb of Oakdale, has been imparting high-quality career-oriented education since past 65 years. In these 65 years, the institute along with its students and teachers have grown and has come a long way.
The main focus and priority of PTI’s faculty and advisory board has always been to provide the best career advice, career development and placement for the students. The institute is known to work closely with the industry experts for which the management has already an industrial advisory board. The institute also works continuously towards the constant upgrading of their courses and curriculum. PTI often changes and adjusts its courses according to the latest industry trends and industry demands, and it is this sole fact that keeps the Pittsburg Technical Institute going on for all these years.
North Fayette Campus
Pittsburg Technical Institute -pti
1111 McKee Road
Oakdale, PA 15071
Pittsburg Technical Institute has one North Fayette campus located in Oakdale and another online division which deals with the online associate degree courses as well as full online certificate courses.
The most unique feature of PTI’s courses is their duration. A student can graduate from PTI in just two years along with a well-paid and well-positioned job offer. The courses offered here in the Pittsburg Technical Institute are very competitive and industry oriented in nature.
All the certificate and associate of science degrees offered by the Pittsburg Technical Institute are affiliated and accredited to the following bodies/authorities:
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs).
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
- National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
- Pennsylvania secretary of education (Degree authority body).
The following are the approval authority for all the degrees and certificate courses offered at Pittsburg Technical Institute (PTI):
- USCIS in the Department of Homeland Security.
- Approved for training for veterans and war orphans.
- Approved by MCBTMB.
- Approved as a testing site for – The National Center for Competency Testing.
- Approved by the Pennsylvania State Nursing Board.
In addition to the above, all the courses offered at PTI are military friendly, and the institute itself is a member of the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
History of PTI
PTI have a long and rich history too. The Pittsburg Technical Institute was founded in the year 1946 as a small suburban single disciplined school. Today it has grown into a reputed associate degree college with more than 25 programs on offer and with more than 2000 enrolled students. Moreover, it has also an online division where selected courses/course works are offered in complete on-line format.
In the year 1960, the institute introduced its drafting program which has now been modified to computer aided drafting program. In the early and mid-90’s PTI introduced its computer related courses and also opened its electronics technology division.
In the year 2003, PTI started offering short-term certification courses. The year 2010, has been very important in the history of the Pittsburg Technical Institute (PTI). This is the year, in which the institute launched its first fully online distance education program as well as Nursing Simulation Center.
In the year 2013, PTI launched its Energy Technology Center and opened its new culinary school. PTI named it The American Academy of Culinary Arts.
PTI also follows a strict nondiscrimination policy which everyone involved in the institute are expected and bound to obey and follow.
Admissions and Financial Aid
In the Pittsburg Technical Institute (PTI), the management has been able to keep the entire admission and application procedure quite simple and straightforward. The admission application process in general for all the courses are as follows:
- Submit an online application form
- Fill out and submit the online transcript release form
- Fill out and submit the background check form (required for few courses, not all).
- Deposit the necessary fees online.
The whole process is as simple as that. Admission procedure at PTI does not require an application fee, SAT or ACT scores and the whole procedure of admission is online. However, for international students, additional documentations may be needed for which they are advised to get in touch with the International support staff at the institute as listed on the institute’s website.
Pittsburg Technical Institute (PTI) admits students on a rolling admission basis, and classes for each course start four times a year hence allowing the students to join the courses at their own convenient timing throughout the year.
Most of the associate degree and certificate courses are of two years’ duration, and the tuition fees are surprisingly affordable. Various financial aid options are also available for the students. Students can determine their financial aid requirement and eligibility by logging into FAFSA’s website. Additionally, students are provided with all the necessary resources, forms and other related assistance from the Institute itself regarding the financial aid. The following loans, grants, scholarships and financial aids are available for the prospective and current students of Pittsburg Technical Institute (PTI):
- Federal Direct Student Loans.
- State of Pennsylvania Financial aids.
- PTI Grants.
Academic Programs offered by PTI:
1. PTI’s School of trades technology offers:
- Certificate in HVAC
- Associate degree in HVAC.
- Certificate in Welding.
- Associate Degree in Welding Technology.
2. School of Business offers associate degrees in accounting and general business management which prepare and grooms for entry level positions in IT sector, education sector, energy & utilities sector, financial industry sector, entertainment, banking, advertising sectors to name a few.
3. School of criminal justice offers certificate as well as associate degrees in criminal justice placing graduates in 911 call centers, surveillance and security agencies, county government detective units, etc.
4. School of Hospitality and Culinary Arts offers certificate courses in culinary arts and degree in hospitality administration management, hotel and restaurant management, travel and tourism management.
5. PTI’s School of Design offers its students certificates and degrees in the following creative fields:
- Computer aided drafting (CAD0
- Architectural drafting.
- Mechanical drafting
- Placement assistance for students in CAD careers in the oil & gas sector
- Multimedia Video /web design /development productions.
- Medical assisting, medical billing and coding, medical office administration, surgical technology and therapeutic massage practitioner are the fields where degrees are offered by PTI’s School of Healthcare.
7. School of Nursing offers certificate course in practical nursing and associate in science degree in Nursing.
8. School of IT offers courses in computer programming, network administration, security, computer forensics. It also prepares students for various IT certifications.
9. School of Electronics and Technology offers certificate and associate degrees in oil & gas electronics.
10. Also, PTI offers continuing education courses and STEM education.
11. The PTI Online Division offers associate degree and certificate courses in complete online format in the following disciplines:
- Business administration management-online
- Medical office administration online
- Medical coding and billing online.