Keystone Technical Institute is a career-driven school that gives their students everything they need to get a job right out of school. KTI teach their students all of the skills that they need for the job market and know what employers are looking for in applicants, and that is what they teach.
Keystone Technical Institute has a hands-on approach to teaching their students. This allows the students to know exactly what is expected of them on the job, and that is what separates them from other technical institutes. They will help you from beginning to end to get your education, graduate, get a job, and more. They want to see their students succeed, and they provide you will all of the tools you need to do that. Don’t wait another minute to change your career and get into a field that you will love and make that your career.
Keystone Technical Institute
2301 Academy Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17112
All of Keystone Technical Institute career programs are designed for students to navigate the job market successfully and prepare students to be ready for entry-level positions in their field. Students can either do a diploma program or a specialized degree, which can mostly be completed in less than two years.
A diploma program is for people that are starting a new career and want to get the training necessary to get in the door of that field. These programs are fast and give the students specialized training and set skills that help them start their career.
A specialized degree program is for students that already have a diploma in their field and want to advance in their career. These kinds of programs offer certifications in their field that employers are looking for, and they can increase their chances of advancing in their current career. And if you don’t see the career you want now, keep checking because they are always adding new programs as the job market changes.
• Health Information Technology
• Medical Assistant
• Medical Assistant Specialist
• Sterile Processing Technician
• Certified Registered Central Service Technician
• International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management
• CPR/First Aid, American Heart Association
• Certified Medical Assistant
• Registered Medical Assistant
• Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
• Certified EKG Technician
• Phlebotomy Technician
• Certified Professional Coder
• Certified Billing and Coding
• Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist
• Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
• IT Technician
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
• Microsoft Office Specialist
• Microsoft Certified Professional
• Dental Assistant
• Dental Assistant Specialist
• Expanded Function Dental Assistant
• Baking and Pastry
• Baking and Pastry Arts with Management
• Culinary Arts Specialist
• Electrician: Lighting and Installation
• Electrician: Residential and Commercial
• Residential Carpentry
If you are looking to start your career at Keystone Technical Institute, then you are going to need to know how the enrollment process goes.
• First, you should visit the campus and take a tour.
• Then complete the person profile form
• Do a personal interview with an admissions representative as the school.
• Obtain your high school transcripts or a copy of your high school diploma or evidence that of successfully completing the GED.
• Pay a registration fee and complete the enrollment agreement.
• Complete a request to transfer credits or advanced placement request.
• Complete Wonderlic Assessment with a minimum score required by the program.
• Submit all of the information that is required for qualifications for the program.
Requirements for Admission
• Paperwork that you have finished high school or obtained your GED
• Sign an attestation for a criminal background check
• Pass a physical and proof of certification of the physical by a licensed physician.
• Documentation that you have Hepatitis-B Vaccination or agree to get it before the 10th day of class.
• Provide a negative or inactive positive TB test results with a chest X-ray done before the 10th day of class and must be current within the first month of the start date.
Each program has different requirements, so you should meet with your admission advisor to know all of your requirements. And all of the programs require that you get a score of 15 on your Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam and 11th-grade verbal score on the Wonderlic Basic Skills Verbal Test.
Most students’ biggest fears when they go to school, is figuring out how to pay for it but at Keystone Technical Institute helps students get the funding through various options. They help you figure out if federal, state, or even institution financial aid is there to help students. And there are also loans, scholarships, and grant options. There are a number of different factors that will help you get financial aid, including grades, career program, and income. And if you go to their website you will be given all of your financial options, you can use their net price calculator, or search for private scholarships using Fast Web.
Help After Graduation
After you graduate from Keystone Technical Institute, you will be given resources that will help you find a job and start your career. These resources include,
• A career services staff that will help you navigate the job market.
• Assistance on how to get great job interviews and how to approach a job interview.
• And there are seminars that will teach you how to write a great cover letter and resume, teach you interview techniques, get recommendations letters, how to write thank you notes, how to dress professional, and how to get in the job market.
And available on their website there are links to great job listings and links to articles that will help look at the job market, preparing for an interview, and more.
Keystone Technical Institute also is involved with the community; they give back and help others through various programs and charities.
• Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank through blood drives
• Raising funds for the March of Dimes, which helps premature babies.
• Salvation Army, helping needy children and families through Holiday Angel Tree program.
• Toys for Tots, Keystone Technical Institute is an official drop off site for toys.
• Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, they distribute 15 million pounds of food every year to soup kitchens, shelters, and food pantries.
• Humane Society Cell Phone Recycling, through Humane Society of Harrisburg Area
• Keystone Human Services, the culinary arts programs provide chocolate samples and students enter a cake competition for Chocolatefest.
• Central Pennsylvania Dress for Success, provide chair massages during annual Dress for Success Power Walk, and they also help students get the dress they need to get a job.
• Provide samples for fundraising events for the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank.
• Provide massage chairs for Healthy Pet.
• American Cancer Society Daffodil Days.
• Keystone Technical Institute Christmas for Kids, where Secret Santas give the students’ children toys, clothes, and other items.