Bachelors Degree Business Administration
California Intercontinental University's online Bachelor programs will arm you with the analytical skills to evaluate business-related issues. Through our 100% online and professionally relevant courses, you will be equipped with knowledge of the latest theories, principles and concepts in the world of business.The Bachelor of Business Administration undergraduate degree program is designed to equip graduates with the requisite skills and knowledge needed to successfully apply business principles and tools in an organizational setting. The program connects practical application with theoretical foundation, drawing on real-world case studies to develop critical thinking skills.
Program Competencies & Learning Objectives
Upon Successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the proper use of effective oral and written communication and professional presentations.
- Explain the importance of leadership, organizational culture and human relationships in organizations.
- Identify and analyze managerial and organizational information needs and use appropriate information technologies to assist in business decision making.
- Apply quantitative and qualitative skills for solving business problems and appreciate the value of statistical techniques and information technologies in business decision making.
- Apply principles of planning, organizing, and leading business operations.
- Explain the importance of integrity and professional ethics in business settings.
- Design, develop, and implement strategies that enhance the marketing of products and services.
- Define micro and macro economics and financial analysis and decision making
- Identify human resource management practices and such behavioral issues as motivation and diversity.
To receive a Bachelor of Business Administration, students must complete at least 120 semester units to include a minimum of 30 units of General Education requirements, 30 units of General Electives, 15 units of Business Foundation courses, 30 units of Required Core courses, 15 units of Specialization courses, and 1
Comprehensive Competency Assessment.
- BUS 201 Business and Society
- BUS 214 Business Statistics
- BUS 416 Business Negotiation
- ECO 220 Macroeconomics
- IST 228 Data Communication and Distributed Networks
- IST 439 Enterprise Resource Management
- MGT 445 Strategic Management
- MGT 448 Human Resource Management
- MGT 450 Project Management
- MKT 226 Principles of Marketing
3. Business Foundation Courses: 15 Units
- ACC 222 Financial Accounting
- BUS 215 Business Communication
- ECO 215 Survey of Economics
- FIN 224 Principles of Financial Management
- IST 221 Fundamentals of Computing
4. Required Core Courses: 30 Units
- ACC 421 Managerial Accounting
- BUS 314 Business Law
- BUS 425 Business Ethics
- BUS 426 Quantitative Methods in Business
- ECO 418 Microeconomics
- MGT 251 Organizational Behavior
- MGT 328 Process of Management
- MGT 440 Operations Management
- MGT 456 International Management
- MGT 460 Leadership in Organizations
5. Specialization Courses: 15 Units General Specialization (Select 5 courses from the list below)
- HCA 301 Fundamentals of Healthcare Systems
- HCA 315 Medical Assisting
- HCA 337 Statistics for Health Policy and Administration
- HCA 425 Healthcare Managementâ€“Organization& Behavior
- HCS 430 IT for the Healthcare Profession
- IST 423 Information System Analysis Design& Implementation
- IST 426 Advanced Systems Administration
- IST 430 Information Systems Management and Practice
- IST 433 Advanced Database Management
- IST 435 Information Systems Project Management
- IST 444 Web Interface Design
- IST 445 Network Infrastructure and Services
- IST 446 Advanced Internet Security and Threats
- IST 447 Software Engineering
- IST 450 Directory Services and Infrastructure
- IST 452 Messaging Infrastructure Management
- IST 458 Routing and Switching Systems
- MGT 443 Entrepreneurship
- MGT 462 Small Business Entrepreneurs
- MKT 450 Global Marketing MKT 452 Advertising
- MKT 452 Advertising
- MKT 456 Consumer Behavior